Sunday, March 04, 2007

Shawl Magic

First, it gets wet. I soaked for a good twenty minutes, shooting for the full immersion technique since this was my first attempt at blocking lace and I wanted it to be as pliable as possible!


















It's very hard to believe this pile of wet wool is going to turn into anything, never mind something beautiful and elegant!











Rolled in a towel and ready to begin the blocking process!





It's magic watching the transformation take place. It's also amazing how one slight adjustment and you have to move 1000 pins as a result! Around and around the bed I go....















Blurry shot but it's finally all pinned out and ready to dry. I am in awe of what I have done!






And yes, it DOES turn into something beautiful and elegant! Who knew?????

1 comment:

Patricia said...

What a lovely transformation. Your knitting is incredible diverse. Thanks for sharing.