Saturday, February 12, 2005

I'm bad...

..but I couldn't help myself. Not only did I send another order in to Elann, but I just did one to KnitPicks too. Yikes!

From Elann I ordered four more skeins of the Sock it to Me Colori in Highland Heather and Northern Forest as well as the Heartstrings Pattern for the "Frolicking Shamrocks" socks. St. Paddy's day is coming after all! If I can get them done, they will be nice gifts for Maureen and Nola.

Then I read about this new KnitPicks yarn and once I saw it, I had to try it. What prices!! Just $3.99 for merino in what look like fabulous colorways. I got two each of the Landscape in Redwood Forest, Yukon and Cape Cod...lovely, lovely. THEN I looked at their lace weight and fell for their "Shimmer" (70% baby alpaca, 30% silk) which I ordered in Morning Mist and Turquoise Splendor. At 440 yds for just $4.99, how can you beat it?? And it got really good reviews from the knittersreview.com. WTH, it's only money.

So the Glitzies are done and I love them! Now I'm finishing up the dreadful Opal Magic. I am sooo disappointed in this yarn. Clearly it was wound before it was completely dry and there are blue blobs of color where they clearly shouldn't be. Luckily DD won't care and will wear them happily as her toes stay warm.

And I pulled the needles off the purple Opals...I just wasn't happy with the way they were looking. Time to tos them back in the stash and attempt them another time. It also frees me up to finish the cashmere smoke ring while I wait for the shamrock pattern to arrive. I have plenty of Nylamb in a great green so I can get right on those when it arrives. The beading will be a new challenge, but I'm excited about doing it. We'll see if I can stay that way once I begin.

Off to watch "Shall We Dance?"

No comments: