Friday, February 04, 2005

Ugh...what a day

Came home today to find the little darling dog had chewed up my brand new Addis. Thank heavens she only chewed on the ends and didn't lose any of the 168 stitches on the nearly finished Flared Lace Smoke Ring for Gwen. What a brat dog! (I discovered later that she also knocked over one of the pots of bulbs I was forcing...grrr!) I managed to move the smoke ring onto the Clover needles, so I am struggling with that nasty join once again. I actually think it's nearly done...not quite 18", but I doubt I have enough yarn to do another full 8 rounds. The Misti Alpaca is amazing...soft and sooooo luxurious!

I worked on the Super Glitz and don't like this pattern either. I have been having the hardest time lately finding patterns...both the Super Glitz (in the Country Garden colorway, which I LOVE!) and the purple toned Opals have been frogged at least 3-4 each. I just can't find the right design for them. I'll know it when I see it, I'm sure.

I didn't take up the Bartletts tonight...worked on them a bit this morning. The yarn feels like iron after so much time with the alpaca!

But I did cave in (again) and start another Spiralbuster for the SixSock List...I like this combo of colors much better...a lovely blue and soft green I just got from Elann mixed with some lovely LL from my stash of leftovers. It's very subtle and quite nice...no where near as Boy Scout stripey as the last one I started, but I still don't think I like it. I would really like to participate with the list, but at the same time, why spend time making socks I won't like?? I have too many other projects I'm excited about. And I really don't think I like toe up, but maybe I'm just being stubborn.

Anyway...there's not enough hours for all the things I want to do.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I can't wait to see what your new spiral stashbusters look like. I saw your post on 6sox.