Monday, February 07, 2005

One Down, One to Go...


A silly looking sock..the foot looks enormous with the ribbing back all scrunched up! But here's one done...my CTH SuperGlitz in the Whitby pattern from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. I love it! But I hate that I now have to make another one just like it. Now I remember why I always do them both together. I was just afraid they wouldn't fit...I've never done so few stitches (48) on such small needles (2 & 3) before. But they do fit! I learned something though...don't question the pros. When she asked for 17 heel repeats, that seemed like way too many so I stopped at 14. Sure enough, the heel is a bit short. But I was running very close on the yarn from my two guess-it-looks-about-the-same balls so I'll get the other nearly done before I consider frogging it back to the heel.

Now if the weather would just stop being the near 50s!!

No comments: